THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
PREVENTION AND COMBATING OF CORRUPTION BUREAU
The PCCB is an Independent Public Institution and law enforcement Agency established by Section 5 of the Prevention and Combating of Corruption Act No. 11 of 2007. The Bureau is mandated to carry out three major functions: Prevention, Community Education and law enforcement in Tanzania mainland.
Suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to join our family in the following positions:
1.0 INVESTIGATION OFFICERS (214 POSTS)
1.1 DIRECT ENTRANTS (FROM COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES)
- Applicants should posses three years Advanced Diploma or Undergraduate degree from recognized higher learning Institutions in any of the following fields: Quantity survey,Accountancy, Human Resources Management,Law, Procurement, Journalism, Information Technology, Highways Engineering, Building Constructions, Electrical Engineering, Land Management and Valuation, and Forensic Knowledge.
1.2 REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania not above 35 years old.
- Applicants should have a minimum pass of lower second class.
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Degree/Advanced Diploma Transcripts and Certificates.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Standard VII Completion Certificate.
- Professional certificates from respective boards (added advantage).
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates (added advantage).
- Applicants should have good working knowledge of ICT (with related software, phone, fax, email, the internet and computer applications eg. MS Office).
- Applicants in the Law field must have Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Law School of Tanzania graduates) or passed the Bar exam and enrolled in the role of Advocates.
1.2.1 Applicants in the Information Technology field should posses the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/ Electronics/Information Technology.
- Certificate in A+ or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) is an added advantage.
- Data Mining.
2.0 ASSISTANT INVESTIGATORS (180 POSTS)
2.1 PERSONAL SECRETARIES (8 POSTS)
- Applicants should possess Secondary School Certificate with passes in English and Kiswahili.
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies.
- Short Hand 80 Wpm.
- Computer literacy at least Windows, Microsoft office, Internet, e-mail Microsoft Publisher.
2.1.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs Secretarial and Office Management duties.
- Keep custody of records, files, registers and computer, e-mail, messages and ensure they are properly channeled to respective destination.
- Assist in coordinating secretarial function with other departments.
- Deal with all appointment schedules for relevant officers.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
2.2 ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (10 POSTS)
- Applicants should possess secondary school certificate with passes in English and Kiswahili.
- Applicants should also possess certificate in Accounting Technician II (ATEC II – NBAA) or Diploma in accountancy from the recognized Institute.
2.2.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To issue cheque and prepare Cheque Book Returns.
- To prepare Unused Receipts Returns.
- To maintain petty cash.
- To prepare monthly statements or outstanding imprests.
- To prepare imprest payment vouchers.
- To prepare imprest journal vouchers.
- To ensure all filing is done in timely and accurate manner.
2.3 WATCHMEN (95 POSTS)
- Applicants should have completed form IV or VI and undergone Voluntary National Service Training.
- Training in security guard duties, local military and Fire Fighting Techniques is an added advantage.
2.3.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To patrol around the premises and buildings during the night according to the laid down procedure.
- To ensure security for buildings and other PCCB properties.
- To check all gate passes at the main gate to ascertain that vehicles and other properties, going out of the premises of the PCCB are authorized as shown in the gate pass and that the gate passes are authentic.
- To check all visitors, vehicles and property coming into the premises of the PCCB through the main gate whether it is legitimate in relation to accompanying documentation.
- To ensure that hazardous materials are not smuggled into the premises.
- To write a duty reports and submit them to higher authorities.
- To carry out any other tasks related to the above mentioned and functions of the PCCB that she/he may be assigned by the Head of Administration.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by his/her superior.
2.4 DRIVERS (25 POSTS)
- Form IV or VI leavers with a Class C Driving License (more than three years driving experience).
- Applicants should also possess Certificate of competence from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) Dar es Salaam or Institute of Technology (DIT) or Vocational Education Training Authority (VETA).
2.4.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILLITIES
- To manage and drive vehicles they are assigned in accordance with traffic regulations.
- To inspect the vehicle before and after a journey to ensure that it is in good condition.
- To fill in the Log Books and ensure that the vehicle is used for authorized purposes only.
- To advise the Bureau on repair and maintenance of the vehicle.
2.5 OFFICE ATTENDANTS (38 POSTS)
- Applicants should have completed and passed form IV or VI.
- Certificate or Diploma in Record Management, front office hospitality, customer care and other related fields is added advantage.
2.5.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To clean the premises and buildings of the bureau.
- Take messages and mail from one place to another within the premises or outside.
- The office attendant is responsible to the office supervisor and responsible for taking proper custody of property of the bureau.
- Switch off all lights, air conditions, fans and any other electrical equipment that ought to cease operating after working hours.
2.6 TECHNICIANS (4 POSTS)
- Possession of a Secondary School Education Certificate.
- Possession of a FTC or Ordinary Diploma in related field.
2.6.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake minor works repair and other facilities
- Conducting regular inspection of the working tools and facilities
- Determining maintenance and repairs required (fax machine, photocopy, printers, electricity, air conditions, water and sewage system).
3.0 BASIC ATTRIBUTIES FOR ABOVE POSTIONS;
- Self Motivated
- Role Model
- Integrity and Professional Ethics
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- According to Government Circulars.
5.0 MODE OF APPLICATION
- Interested candidates should send their applications enclosing their current CV’s, copies of relevant Academic Certificates, having reliable Physical address, Postal address, email, telephone numbers, certified photocopies of Birth certificates and recent passport size photograph.
- Applicants must submit three names of reliable referees
- Indicate in an envelope clearly a post you are applying for marked as “Application for the post of ..…..” (Insert post) and send your application letter to the following address;
The Director General,
Prevention and Combating of Corruption Bureau,
P.O. Box 4865,
DAR ES SALAAM.
“HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE”
- Form IV and Form VI results slips are strictly not accepted.
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
- Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will result in legal action.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants must not have criminal records.
- Applicants who have/were terminated or retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
- Application letters should be hand written in Swahili or English.
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION :21st OCTOBER, 2013.